CHICAGO, Dec. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines, which launched its flyer-friendly brand campaign this year with a focus on creating user-friendly travel experiences for customers, ends 2013 with several awards. These honors recognize the airline for its investments in its MileagePlus loyalty program and customer service as well as its Boeing 787 Dreamliners and environmental achievements:
- For the 10 th consecutive year, readers of Global Traveler named MileagePlus the "Best Frequent-Flyer Program." United received a "Hall of Fame" honor for its decade of wins in this category of the "GT Tested Reader Survey" awards. Other categories United won:
- "Best Frequent-Flyer Bonus Program"
- "Best Credit Card" and "Best Credit Card Rewards Program," for the United MileagePlus Club Card from Chase
- "Best Frequent-Flyer Affinity Credit Card Redemptions," for the United MileagePlus Explorer Card from Chase
- Readers of Business Traveler also named MileagePlus the "Best Frequent-Flyer Program" and ranked United the "Best Airline for North American Travel."
- Premier Traveler readers selected MileagePlus as the "Best Domestic Frequent-Flyer Program" and chose United for "Best 787 Layout." Last year, MileagePlus won the magazine's award for "Best Frequent-Flyer Program."
- Air Transport World magazine named United its "Gold Eco-Airline of the Year" winner, in recognition of the airline's commitment to environmental responsibility through its Eco-Skies program.
- Kiplinger's Personal Finance's 2013 "Best of Everything" list names MileagePlus the best domestic airline loyalty program.
- The USA Today-sponsored "10Best Readers' Choice Travel Awards" ranked United among the top airlines for best economy-class flight experience.
- For the ninth consecutive year, United won the category of "Best American Airline serving China" in the 2013 Business Traveller China Awards.
- This is the 13 th consecutive year United has won for "Best North American Airline" in the annual awards presented by Business Traveller's Asia-Pacific edition.
- For the seventh consecutive year, United was named "Best International Airline" at the Northern Ireland Travel and Tourism Awards 2013.
"These awards reflect the ever-increasing confidence that our customers are showing in United and MileagePlus, which is particularly gratifying as we invest in flyer-friendly improvements in every aspect of our business," said Tom O'Toole, United's senior vice president of marketing and loyalty and president of MileagePlus.
MileagePlus is United's award-winning loyalty program. Along with a broad, diverse network of partners through which members may earn and redeem miles, MileagePlus offers the most "Saver" award-seat availability among the largest U.S. global airlines, according to the fourth annual Switchfly Reward Seat Availability Survey published by IdeaWorksCompany in May 2013. MileagePlus members earn award miles by flying United, United Express, Star Alliance airlines or other airline partners, and by purchasing products or services from various partners worldwide. Members may then use those award miles to pay for travel, hotel stays, car rentals, merchandise and other benefits.This year, United debuted the MileagePlus Small Business Network, the first U.S. travel loyalty program that enables businesses to earn and redeem miles. In 2013, the airline also began a partnership with Mercedes-Benz USA that provides exclusive discounts and benefits for MileagePlus Premiers and teamed up with Marriott Rewards to launch RewardsPlus, which offers benefits for all MileagePlus members. Product Investments In addition, United is investing in other products and services for customer comfort and convenience. The airline offers:
- More extra-legroom economy seats than any other airline
- Satellite-fed Wi-Fi on more than 130 aircraft so far, with most of United's mainline fleet outfitted with Wi-Fi by the end of 2014
- The world's largest fleet of aircraft with live television
- An all-new mobile application for the iOS 7 platform, offering customers innovative new features, better functionality and an improved touch-friendly design
- Premium-cabin, flat-bed seats on every scheduled long-haul international flight from the continental United States and on every scheduled transcontinental flight between New York JFK and San Francisco and New York JFK and Los Angeles