3. As of noon trading, Avnet ( AVT) is down $0.42 (-1.0%) to $41.75 on light volume. Thus far, 177,972 shares of Avnet exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 857,200 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $41.68-$42.28 after having opened the day at $42.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.17. Avnet, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, distributes electronic components, enterprise computer and storage products, and embedded subsystems in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, and New Zealand. Avnet has a market cap of $5.7 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.3, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 37.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Avnet a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Avnet as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, attractive valuation levels and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Avnet Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts