3. As of noon trading, Kroger ( KR) is down $0.38 (-0.9%) to $39.45 on average volume. Thus far, 1.4 million shares of Kroger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $39.37-$39.93 after having opened the day at $39.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.83. The Kroger Co., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a retailer in the United States. The company also manufactures and processes food for sale in its supermarkets. It operates retail food and drug stores, multi-department stores, jewelry stores, and convenience stores. Kroger has a market cap of $20.7 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 53.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Kroger a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Kroger as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Kroger Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts