1. As of noon trading, SunTrust Banks ( STI) is down $0.22 (-0.6%) to $35.04 on light volume. Thus far, 944,337 shares of SunTrust Banks exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $34.98-$35.50 after having opened the day at $35.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.26. SunTrust Banks, Inc. operates as the holding company for SunTrust Bank that provides various financial services in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Consumer Banking and Private Wealth Management, Wholesale Banking, and Mortgage Banking. SunTrust Banks has a market cap of $19.0 billion and is part of the banking industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 24.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate SunTrust Banks a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates SunTrust Banks as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full SunTrust Banks Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the financial sector could consider Financial Select Sector SPDR ( XLF) while those bearish on the financial sector could consider Proshares Short Financials ( SEF).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts