4. As of noon trading, Hudson City Bancorp ( HCBK) is down $0.16 (-1.8%) to $9.00 on heavy volume. Thus far, 4.1 million shares of Hudson City Bancorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $8.98-$9.18 after having opened the day at $9.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.16. Hudson City Bancorp, Inc. operates as the holding company of Hudson City Savings Bank that provides various banking products and services in the United States. Hudson City Bancorp has a market cap of $4.9 billion and is part of the banking industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.9, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Hudson City Bancorp a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Hudson City Bancorp as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Get the full Hudson City Bancorp Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts