4. As of noon trading, Essex Property ( ESS) is up $1.49 (1.0%) to $147.00 on average volume. Thus far, 130,349 shares of Essex Property exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 271,700 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $145.50-$147.62 after having opened the day at $145.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $145.51. Essex Property Trust, Inc. operates as a self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust in the United States. It engages in the ownership, operation, management, acquisition, development, and redevelopment of apartment communities, as well as commercial properties. Essex Property has a market cap of $5.5 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 35.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Essex Property a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Essex Property as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Essex Property Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts