Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Not every company participated in yesterday's big run, Jim Cramer told his "Mad Money" TV show viewers Thursday. Cramer identified five sectors that he thinks are still buy, buy, buys going into the new year.
Investors can still pick up any of the high-growth names, such as Netflix (NFLX) or Amazon.com (AMZN), because they don't even need earnings to propel their stocks higher. He also endorsed Facebook (FB), with its secondary offering, and, of course, Twitter (TWTR).
Cramer's first sector to watch is the banks. He said with the government "witch hunts" winding down, the banks once again have the confidence to expand. Bank of America (BAC), a stock Cramer owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, is still a favorite as it has yet to return to its pre-crash levels.Next on Cramer's list are the housing stocks, led by Lennar (LEN), which reiterated that even with demand for housing cooling, the supply of homes has fallen woefully behind. Retail is Cramer's third sector highlight. He said the group has done nothing for a month as investors worried about the holiday season. Now's the time to circle back to Macy's (M), another Action Alerts PLUS name, he said, along with GameStop (GME) and PVH Corp (PVH). Cramer's last two picks are the oil companies and the airlines, two sectors that normally trade opposite one another but now could both go higher thanks to Warren Buffett's endorsement of Exxon Mobil (XOM) and strong earnings from the airlines.
TrendspottingYou can always fall back on big, long-term themes, Cramer told viewers, themes like the revolutions in biotech and oil and gas. These stocks still go down like all the others, but their mega-trends will give you the confidence to buy on that weakness.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV