Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus". (Updates from 11:09 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Friday.
Citigroup downgraded Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO). Cramer warned investors against the stock and the sector, noting poor earnings results from Transocean (RIG) and Ensco (ESV). DO is a "sell," he advised. DO was flat at $55.83.
Cramer said Finish Line (FINL) should do great this holiday season, especially after seeing the earnings results from Nike (NKE). He added that Macy's (M) CEO Terry Lundgren suggested FINL would have a "great quarter" as well. FINL rose 6.2% to $27.77.Red Hat (RHT) proved all the shorts wrong, Cramer said, by reinforcing last quarter's solid earnings report with another great quarter. The stock is surging in Friday's trading session. RHT zoomed 14.5% higher at $56.10. Everyone expected Tibco Software (TIBX) to have a great earnings report but "the quarter was not so good," Cramer said. The company disappointed investors and failed to unlock value. TIBX dropped 10% to $22.01. "Allergan (AGN) goes higher," Cramer said. He added its new tear drug, Restasis, should do well and CEO David Pyott is doing a great job. AGN rose 3.8% to $107.73. RW Baird raised its price target on Amazon (AMZN) to $425 from $365. Cramer said everyone loves this stock and not a day seems to go by without someone saying something positive about it. AMZN ended the day up 1.8% to $402.20. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV