How Would You Improve Federal Building Maintenance And Operations Services?
GSA issues RFI to collect industry feedback
WASHINGTON, Dec. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The U.S. General Services Administration's (GSA) released a Request for Information (RFI) today seeking industry feedback and demonstrated best practices in facility maintenance and operations to assist the agency with the development of a new government-wide Building Maintenance and Operations (BMO) services program, such as HVAC, elevator maintenance, janitorial services, grounds maintenance, and utilities.
This program is designed to incorporate federal strategic sourcing principles including pricing discounts, improved operations management, small business support, and incorporation of government and private industry best practices. Through this request, GSA seeks recommendations about how cost and operations savings can be measured and achieved through a BMO-focused strategic sourcing solution, either by demand management strategies, better acquisition or improved performance management.
- In 2013, Building Maintenance and Operations was selected as one of five new commodity categories to be considered as a Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative (FSSI).
- GSA is currently developing a governmentwide program designed to improve the way the federal government purchases and manages these types of services, which could include:
o HVACo electricalo elevatoro road work o janitorialo landscapingo pest control o waste managemento utilities
- Small and local business utilization is a major focal point of the development of this building maintenance and operations program. The agency is committed to creating opportunities for small businesses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV