PA Farm Show Hosts Celebrity Chefs, Showcases PA Preferreda¿¢ Ingredients
Culinary Connection Stage to Feature Live Demos, Local Personalities
HARRISBURG, Pa., Dec. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- An all-star lineup of chefs and local celebrities will entertain visitors at the 2014 Pennsylvania Farm Show as they create dishes from Pennsylvania-sourced products on the PA Preferred™ Culinary Connection Stage.
"The PA Preferred Culinary Connection brings the Farm Show full-circle, showcasing the final products that Pennsylvania's farm families grow for consumers," said Agriculture Secretary George Greig. "I'm looking forward to watching this year's special guests and chefs as they take the stage to celebrate this year's theme: PA Farms: Growing for You."
Highlights on the PA Preferred Culinary Connection stage will include:
- Saturday, Jan. 4, noon and 2 p.m. – Cooking demonstration by Nadia G., the "Julia Child of the Net Generation" and host of Cooking Channel's Bite This with Nadia G.;
- Saturday, Jan. 4, 1 p.m. – Chefs lead teams of local radio and television personalities in a challenge to create entrees that showcase PA Preferred products in the PA Preferred Chef and Media Cookoff, with the Philly Phanatic available for photos;
- Monday, Jan. 6, 1 p.m. – Pennsylvania First Lady Susan Corbett and Governor's Residence Executive Chef Barry Crumlich whip up a residence favorite;
- Tuesday, Jan. 7, noon – cooking demonstration by Andrew Aho, executive chef at POUR in Lancaster;
- Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2 p.m. – The PA Preferred Best Cheeseburger Showdown, sponsored by the Pennsylvania Beef Council and Mid-Atlantic Dairy Association, pits teams of Pennsylvania celebrities competing for burger dominance using PA Preferred beef;
- Thursday, Jan. 9, 3 p.m. – Mrs. Christine Greig, wife of Secretary Greig, will create a pork and apple dish with Hilton Harrisburg Executive Chef John Reis; and
- Friday, Jan. 10, 2 p.m. – Former White House Chef John Moeller will make a potato entree.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV