This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration. Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here
Dec. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Analysis of Healthcare Cloud in APACEmerging Markets Experiment with the Latest in Healthcare TechnologyCloud technologies are rapidly invading all industries, and healthcare does not want to be left behind. Healthcare delivery and solutions are undergoing a transformation, thanks to cloud-based solutions that are emerging as the technology of choice for many healthcare providers. However, the significant cost and business process change associated with cloud adoption and the perceived data security risks obstruct market growth. This research explores current and future opportunities in the APAC Healthcare cloud market, with a focus on novel business models and services.
MethodologyThe 12 Step Market Engineering Research Methodology Process1.Market Problem DefinitionInitial feasibility (primary research), title evaluation, brainstorming sessions
2. Objectives and Goals DefinitionsHypotheses development, identify industry issues; definition of market metrics, segmentation, tools and sources
3. Research Team DesigningResearch team formation—lead and support analyst, research director, account manager, market engineering consultants, industry advisers and customers, and research editors
4. Launch Data Collection PhaseIdentify specific sources—F&S data, online databases; structure research deliverable, TOC, develop customerdatabase and competitor database
5. Selection of Interview Strategy and Design SurveyQuestionnaire design, interview technique planning, define sample size
6. Test the Survey DesignPilot interviews, correction of research design, standardisation of research process—usage of same terminology, measurements, interviewing style
7. Conduct Primary ResearchHeart of the research process—cross-verification of data, bottom-up approach for sizing, measuring revenue growth rate (CAGR approach)
8. Research AnalysisCurrent market status—size, historic growth rate, segments, technology, pricing, competitive landscape, market position in life cycle
9. Market ForecastingKey trends, revenue forecast, maturity measurements, market share movements; expert opinion consensus model
10. Develop Strategic RecommendationF&S view of the market and generic strategic recommendations for participants
11. Confirm Results and Quality ControlQuality assessment by director, draft preparation, editing and production
12. Post Production Market Monitoring and Customer FeedbackIndustry feedback and constant market monitoring by the team
Key Findings• Cloud can be defined as a pool of compute, memory, and input-output resources, applications or operating environments with seemingly infinite scalability, delivered as a service over a network, be it private or public.• Benefits of cloud to the healthcare industry include:oProven significant reduction in costs as well as movement of a large capital expenditure to operating expenditure.oImproved business scalability, agility, and resource management.oImproved data sharing and communications.• Adoption of cloud amongst healthcare providers varies considerably across
Asia-Pacific (APAC) as well as amongst the public and private sector. While
South Korea, and
Hong Kong represent mature markets, most countries across the region are still in the growth phase.• There continues to be significant confusion and apprehension around the precise products and services that cloud technologies incorporate. Unclear and evolving personal and health data protection laws also create doubts regarding the safety of healthcare data in the cloud.• It is evident that cloud adoption in healthcare will grow faster than expected, which would lead to commoditization of healthcare information technology (healthcare IT) in the near future.• Cloud architecture will be the key enabler of patient-centric information exchange.
Scope and SegmentationGeographic Coverage:
Asia-Pacific (APAC)Study Period: 2012–2018Base Year: 2012Forecast Period: 2013–2018Monetary Unit: US Dollars• The market for healthcare cloud includes all products and services used by healthcare providers, including hospitals, primary care centers, secondary care centers, tertiary care providers, and physicians.• For the purpose of forecasting, we have analyzed hospital spending on cloud products and services across SaaS and IaaS. Spending by physicians as well as dollars spent on PaaS have not been included, as these are still very small markets and do not have a significant business impact.
Key Questions This Study Will AnswerIs the market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate? What are the most important drivers and restraints? Who are the leading healthcare stakeholders in this market and what is their role in market development?Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?Who are the leading companies, products, services in this market? Will these companies, products, services continue to exist, or will other companies acquire them? Will the products, services become features in other markets?How will the structure of the market change with time? Is the market ripe for acquisitions?Are the vendors in the space ready to do it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their businesses to the next level?Is the society and the healthcare consumer, in general, ready to adopt such a radically different technology? What measures can be taken to drive adoption?
Table of Contents1. Executive Summary• Key Findings• Scope and Segmentation• Key Questions This Study Will Answer• Market Engineering Measurements• CEO's Perspective• Key Companies to Watch• The Three Big Predictions2. Market Overview• Market Background• Market Segmentation• Defining Healthcare Cloud Trends in the Future3. Competitive Playbook• New Market Opportunities• Mergers, Acquisitions, and Partnership Assessment• Mega Trend Impact4. Driver, Restraints, and Trends—Total Healthcare Cloud Market• Market Drivers• Drivers Explained
• Market Restraints• Restraints Explained5. Forecast and Trends—Total Healthcare Cloud Market• Market Engineering Measurements• Forecast Methodology• Forecast Assumptions• Revenue Forecast• Revenue Forecast by Segment• Revenue Forecast Discussion• Scenario Revenue Forecast• Scenario Revenue Forecast Discussion• Percent Revenue Forecast by Region• Revenue Forecast by Region• PETSLE Analysis6. Demand Analysis—Total Healthcare Cloud Market7. SaaS Segment Breakdown8. IaaS Segment Breakdown9. ASEAN Breakdown10. Australia Breakdown11. China Breakdown12. India Breakdown13. Japan Breakdown14. South Korea Breakdown15. Key Companies to Watch• Companies to Watch?Cloud Vendors• Companies to Watch?Telecommunications Companies16. The Last Word17. Appendix