The video this transcript is based on appeared on December 18.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer says FedEx will be 'a strong story in 2014' but he prefers UPS. He also prefers Whole Foods Market to General Mills.
Alright, FedEx (FDX) , people don't understand it's not about what they said, it's about what they're going to do. They raised guidance, don't care if it's done on shareholder buyback, that's not the way you look at it. This is a very strong story, and it's going to be very strong for 2014. Don't forget it did not include cyber monday. I like FedEx - I love UPS (UPS) which I think is even better.
General Mills (GIS) - another challenged quarter. The stock doesn't go down, well why is that? Because it does have a good yield and because the company is very well-managed. Ken Powell does a terrific job. The fact is though that all their sales are challenged, whether that be the convenience store or the major supermarket. I think when I sat down with Whole Foods yesterday the reason why everything's challenging is because I think people feel like they charge too much for the products and because they're not natural and organic for the most part, and that's what people want. I say the takeaway on General Mills is go by Whole Foods (WFM) .
Written by Jim Cramer in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV