AerCap Holdings N.V (AER) In A Perilous Reversal
- AER has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $82.2 million.
- AER has traded 615,520 shares today.
- AER is down 3.1% today.
- AER was up 5.4% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AER with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AER NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AER: AerCap Holdings N.V. engages in leasing, financing, selling, and managing commercial aircraft and engines in the United States, Russia, and Germany. AER has a PE ratio of 15.8. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate AerCap Holdings N.V a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for AerCap Holdings N.V has been 569,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. AerCap Holdings N.V has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.18 and a short float of 1% with 0.21 days to cover. Shares are up 141.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AerCap Holdings N.V as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Trading Companies & Distributors industry average. The net income increased by 44.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $57.91 million to $83.65 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 62.22% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 77.76% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- AERCAP HOLDINGS NV reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AERCAP HOLDINGS NV reported lower earnings of $1.21 versus $1.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.61 versus $1.21).
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.64 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Trading Companies & Distributors industry and the overall market, AERCAP HOLDINGS NV's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full AerCap Holdings N.V Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts