COVERGIRL Bombshell Collection (Photo: Business Wire)
Primp pose snap…delete? Although it was named word of the year in 2013, Canadian women are not sharing their selfie as often as one might expect. Canada has become a nation of shutterbugs in pursuit of the shot that will show us at our personal best. According to a recent COVERGIRL survey of Canadian female smartphone users aged 18 to 49, 59 percent take two to four pics before landing on one that is share-worthy and only 13 percent are actually posting their selfie as their primary profile picture.
Almost half (45 percent) of women surveyed say that they have, or would, allow a photo to be taken but then would avoid sharing it online. In fact, 28 percent are actually opting to include someone or something else - even pets - in their profile pictures and 19 percent used a group shot to divert the spotlight.
“Our lives today are documented on screens. From a selfie to the red carpet, all women want to be prepared to transition beautifully from the real to the virtual world,” says Amelie Ducharme, COVERGIRL Canada Makeup Pro. “COVERGIRL wants to give women the tools needed to feel on-screen ready, taking the selfie to the next level and turning it into a #covermoment.”
Ducharme explains that a #covermoment is when a person feels their most beautiful and empowered and wants to share the experience with the world. It celebrates the uniqueness in everyone, and showcases the times in life when someone feels their most confident, independent and authentic.And while 45 percent of women surveyed wish they could have professional stylists to help them with their hair and makeup to get that perfect shot, Amélie believes that you can rock your #covermoment with a few simple tips:
- Let your skin take centre stage: Given the opportunity to retouch a profile picture, one third (33 percent) of women surveyed agreed that “flawless skin” is the most important attribute to showcase. Skip the post-production and create a perfect canvas from the start with COVERGIRL TruBlend Liquid Makeup. Matching 98 percent of all skin tones in Canada, TruBlend features unique pigments for a natural and seamless look. Moreover, you can let your personality shine instead of your t-zone with the all new TruMagic Skin Perfector for a matte finish.
- Duck Face is out, glam smiles are in: According to the survey, when considering which profile picture to post on a dating website, 34 percent of surveyed women say a casual, natural look is most important while 29 percent say a great smile will get you noticed. So lose the exaggerated pout (i.e. the ‘Duck Face’) and get ready to flash those pearly whites with a boost from Crest 3D White Whitestrips 1 Hour Express, which will remove years of stains in just one hour. Enhance that grin by gliding on the sheer colour and shimmering shine of Smoochies Sizzle Gloss.
- The eyes have it: From ‘smizing’ to ‘squinching’, much of the talk around getting the perfect shot focuses on the eyes. In fact, 16 percent of women surveyed said they adjusted their poses for bigger looking eyes, but Ducharme says there’s no need. “Bold, dark lashes will contrast against the white of your eyes, making them really pop and appear larger.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV