- Identify the high traffic areas in your building where employees and customers are likely to track in the most moisture and dirt. Ensure that each space is adequately covered with mats to promote safety and a clean appearance. For many businesses, the front and back entrances are the highest traffic areas.
- Scraper mats at the entrance of a building help trap water and reduce slippery spots. The molded surface on these mats offers superior slip and skid resistance, which can effectively scrape tough dirt and grime off of shoes.
- A carpeted mat helps trap dirt as people enter the building and holds its weight in soil, helping keep your facilities clean. Entrance matting should cover 15 to 18 feet of an entrance, preventing 80-90 percent of dirt from entering your facility.
- Look for floor mats that are certified as “high traction” by the National Floor Safety Institute. These mats have been evaluated by an independent third-party to ensure slip resistance.
- Review the American National Standards Institute Standard Guide for Commercial Entrance Matting in Reducing Slips, Trips and Falls, ANSI/NFSI B101.6-2012. This standard provides criteria for the selection, installation, inspection, care and maintenance of entrance mats and runners in commercial facilities.
G&K Services Offers A Full Range Of Floor Mat Solutions Which Can Help Prevent Slips And Falls In The Workplace. (Photo: G&K Services)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.