Proto Labs (NYSE:PRLB) has presented a Cool Idea! Award to Alottazs Labs, LLC, creator of the Garageio device and mobile app. The system enables homeowners to remotely monitor and control their garage door through a simple, user-friendly smartphone app.
The sleek Garageio unit can be mounted directly to a garage door opener or on the garage ceiling, and once installed, users can connect the unit to their home Wi-Fi network via Garageio’s smartphone app. Homeowners then have the option to share access to their garage with choice individuals via the smartphone app, and even restrict the times in which they can use it. Whether a garage door is left open, a delivery person is dropping off a package or a child needs to get inside the house, users can open and close up to three garage doors from nearly any place in the world.
Smartphone enabled garage door openers exist within the market, but Garageio differentiates itself by integrating into users’ existing garage door units, rather than replacing them entirely or supporting only some models. Additionally, at $149, Garageio units are priced below others in the same space, and there is no monthly fee or additional costs to download the smartphone app or add users. “The company’s approach was to create a device that not only supported multiple garage doors, but one that was simple, reliable and intelligent with a stellar user experience,” explains Alottazs Labs' Chief Executive Officer, Zak Dziczkowski.
Proto Labs’ CNC-machining service, Firstcut, provided an initial order of top and bottom prototype casings, which are now being using by Alottazs Labs to product test the Garageio with a select group of customers. Soon after testing, the company plans to use its remaining Cool Idea! Award grant towards production parts of the ABS casings through Proto Labs’ injection-molding service, Protomold.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV