W.Va. jobless rate at 6.1 in November
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) a¿¿ West Virginia's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate fell slightly to 6.1 percent in November.
WorkForce West Virginia says the number of unemployed residents fell by 1,400 to 48,000 in November.
Through November, total state unemployment is down 12,200.
In the goods-producing sector, employment gains were seen in mining, logging and manufacturing, while the state experienced job losses in construction.In the service-providing sector, employment gains were seen in financial activities and professional and business services. Meanwhile the state saw declines in leisure and hospitality, as well as government. The national unemployment rate fell slightly in November to 7 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV