ATLANTA, Dec. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- To help ease the pressure for hosts around the world this holiday season, InterContinental Hotels Group ( IHG), whose family of brands includes InterContinental ® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza ® Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo ® hotels, Holiday Inn ® hotels, Holiday Inn Resort ® hotels, Holiday Inn Club Vacations ® hotels, Holiday Inn Express ® hotels, Staybridge Suites ® hotels and Candlewood Suites ® hotels, has tapped into its vast hospitality expertise to create a new interactive, IHG Guide to Hospitality .
New global research released by IHG polled over 5,000 people across Europe, the Americas and Asia. The results revealed that even though one in five people say that they enjoy hosting others, 15 percent of people admit to feeling stressed within just 10 minutes of their guests arriving.
The research also revealed that, almost 44 hours, which is more than the average work week, are spent looking after guests' needs during the holiday season. Perhaps not surprising then, that an average of 11 percent of hosts admit they would rather be at work than host friends or family.
U.S. Specific Results From changing bed linens and entertaining to decorating and preparing food and drinks, some of the most time consuming elements when Americans host this holiday season will be:
- Preparing meals / baking – between 4 - 8 hours
- Entertaining guests – between 4 - 8 hours
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV