NGP Capital Resources Company (NASDAQ: NGPC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 8.50%. NGP Capital Resources Company is a business development company specializing in investments in small and mid size and middle market companies. The company has a P/E ratio of 189.25. The average volume for NGP Capital Resources Company has been 75,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. NGP Capital Resources Company has a market cap of $155.2 million and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are up 4.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates NGP Capital Resources Company as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for NGP CAPITAL RESOURCES CO is rather high; currently it is at 55.30%. Regardless of NGPC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NGPC's net profit margin of 84.66% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 102.72% to $2.40 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 102.72%, NGP CAPITAL RESOURCES CO is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 269.25%.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 58.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $12.23 million to $5.05 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, NGP CAPITAL RESOURCES CO's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full NGP Capital Resources Company Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts