Psychiatric Times Presents Series On Nicotine-Use Disorder
NORWALK, Conn., Dec. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Medica US announces that Psychiatric Times, a leading online community for mental health professionals, features content in which experts weigh in on nicotine cessation and presented strategies to manage this undertreated addiction. The online series examines some of the latest issues in treating nicotine-use disorder, a new category in DSM-5, and considers the greater ramifications in addiction, including:
- Smoking Cessation: What's Next? New evidence shows it is possible to teach patients to weaken the link between craving and smoking until they are able to ride out any craving–and consequently quit.
- The Role of Electronic Cigarettes for Tobacco Dependence Treatment A summary of a published study on whether e-cigarettes with nicotine were more effective for smoking cessation than nicotine patches
- Undertreatment of Tobacco Use Relative to Other Chronic Conditions One might expect that treating nicotine use would be a leading priority for physicians. The reality is that this is not the case. More in this expert commentary, with practical tips for clinicians.
Psychiatric Times is the country's leading psychiatric publication.
About UBM Medica USAddressing today's healthcare information needs, UBM Medica US, delivers strategic, integrated communications solutions and comprehensive reach -- online, in print, via custom programs and live events. Improving the effectiveness of healthcare through information and education, UBM Medica US provides unbiased clinical, practical, and business information for physicians, providers and payers resulting in improved quality of care for patients around the world. Through journals, magazines, online communities, live and digital events, and other valuable resources, UBM Medica US also delivers comprehensive communication solutions for the pharmaceutical and related industries. Online communities include CancerNetwork.com, ConsultantLive.com, DiagnosticImaging.com, RheumatologyNetwork.com, OBGYN.net, PhysiciansPractice.com, PsychiatricTimes.com and SearchMedica.com. UBM Medica US is part of UBM Connect which, through a range of aligned interactive environments, both physical and digital – increases business effectiveness for both customers and audiences through meaningful experiences, knowledge and connections. Headquartered in New York, UBM Connect brings together UBM's healthcare business, UBM Medica US; UBM Canon's advanced design and manufacturing event, online and print brands; UBM Connect New York's catering, cruise shipping, customer management, and fine, specialty and custom chemical communities; and UBM Mexico's concrete show. For more information, visit www.UBMMedicaUS.com.
About UBM plcUBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organized into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.For more information, go to www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news. Media contact: Jason J. GoldenContent Marketing Manager203-523-7040 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE UBM Medica US
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts