Shareholder Rights Law Firm Johnson & Weaver, LLP is investigating whether members of the board of directors of Nicholas Financial, Inc. (Nasdaq:NICK) breached their fiduciary duties in connection with the proposed acquisition by Prospect Capital Corporation (Nasdaq:PSEC).
On December 18, 2013, Prospect Capital Corporation announced that they had entered into a definitive merger agreement to acquire Nicholas Financial, Inc. for $16.00 a share.
The investigation concerns whether Nicholas Financial’s board members failed to satisfy their duties to the Company’s shareholders, including whether the board adequately pursued alternatives to the acquisition and whether the board obtained the best price possible for the Company’s shares of common stock. The $16.00 per share acquisition price is well below where the stock was trading just several months ago.
If you are a Nicholas Financial shareholder and would like additional information concerning your legal rights, please contact lead analyst Jim Baker ( firstname.lastname@example.org) at 619-230-0063.Johnson & Weaver, LLP is a nationally recognized shareholder rights law firm with offices in California and New York. The firm represents individual and institutional investors in shareholder derivative and securities class action lawsuits. For more information about the firm and its attorneys, please visit http://www.johnsonandweaver.com. Attorney advertising. Past results do not guarantee future outcomes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV