The Denver-based company is backing a chain of upscale pizza restaurants known as Pizzeria Locale, which services artisan-style Neapolitan pizza.
Chipotle said in a release on Wednesday that it has partnered with Pizzeria Locale owners Bobby Stuckey and Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson to launch a fast-casual concept under the pizza restaurant's name. The first location opened in May in Denver, with plans for two more there, Chipotle said.
The partners are planning a "slow, measured expansion" of the concept that "allows the restaurant to perfect the concept and service model, and to develop from within the people it will need to staff additional restaurants," the press release said.Stuckey and Mackinnon-Patterson's other ventures, Frasca Food and Wine, and the original Pizzeria Locale, opened in early 2011, sit adjacent to each other in Boulder, Colo.. They aren't part of this partnership and are not affiliated in any way with Chipotle. Chipotle shares were falling 0.22% to $511.49 on Wednesday.
|Chipotle partners with Pizzeria Locale owners, Bobby Stuckey and Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson, to create a fast-casual pizza concept.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV