Office Depot, Inc. (NYSE: ODP), a leading global provider of office products, services, and solutions formed by the merger of Office Depot and OfficeMax, today announced the formation of its Executive Committee (EC) and Leadership Team (LT).
“Since I joined the Company last month, my priorities have been to name a headquarters location and select a leadership team that incorporates the best talent from both companies and also adds fresh perspective from the outside,” said Roland Smith, Chairman and CEO of Office Depot, Inc. “Last week we named Boca Raton as our corporate headquarters. Today, I am sharing the Company’s new organizational structure which focuses on accountability and streamlined decision making. I believe this approach provides the best foundation to execute the merger synergies and transformation strategy for long-term growth.”
The following positions make up the Executive Committee and report to Smith:
- President, North America. This position will be responsible for managing the following functions: Retail, Contract Sales, E-Commerce, Merchandising, Marketing, Real Estate and Supply Chain. The Company will commence an external search for a seasoned executive to fill this role. In the meantime, this position’s direct reports will report directly to Smith.
- Steve Schmidt is President, International. This position, which ultimately will be based in Europe, manages the Company’s international businesses in Europe, Asia, New Zealand, Australia and Mexico. Schmidt will not be relocating, but will stay on board for up to a year and continue to lead the European transformation, grow our international business and find his successor.
- Steve Hare is the Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer. He is responsible for the oversight of all financial aspects of the Company, including Financial Planning, and Accounting and Control. He also manages Treasury and Investor Relations as well as the Internal Audit and Tax functions. Additionally, he oversees Information Technology and the Integration Office.
- Michael Allison is the Executive Vice President & Chief People Officer. He has global responsibility for all Human Resources functions, including Compensation and Benefits, Talent Management, Associate Relations, Organizational Development & Training, and Diversity & Inclusion. Additionally, the Communications function reports to him.
- Elisa Garcia is the Executive Vice President & Chief Legal Officer. She is responsible for managing Legal, Regulatory, Compliance and Government Affairs worldwide as well as the Loss Prevention function. She also serves as general counsel and secretary for the organization.
- Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer. The Company will begin an immediate search to fill this position which will drive strategy and lead efforts to develop and prioritize key business initiatives. Investing in this newly created role is an important part of defining the future of the organization and exploring opportunities for top-line growth and innovation.
“In selecting my Executive Committee, I am bringing together top performers and trusted advisors to help shape the strategic decisions that impact our global business,” Smith said. “The team offers a breadth of experience across a range of environments and the ability to create new ideas, drive innovation, generate improvements and execute flawlessly. As we round out this group, I am confident that we have the personalities, talent and skills to transform and build our organization.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts