CARMEL, Ind., Dec. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CNO Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: CNO) today announced that its Board of Directors has approved an additional $300 million to repurchase the company's outstanding common stock and warrants. As of September 30, 2013, CNO had repurchased $221.6 million of securities in 2013 at an average price of $11.84 per share and had remaining repurchase capacity under the buyback program of approximately $128 million. The repurchase program is intended to be implemented through purchases made from time to time in the open market, through private transactions or by a tender offer, in accordance with Securities and Exchange Commission requirements. The amount and timing of the securities repurchases (if any) will be based on business and market conditions and other factors.
In addition, the company is providing the following securities repurchase guidance:
- Full year 2013 repurchases in the $250 million range
- 2014 repurchases of $225 million to $300 million
The company will provide additional information and other select 2014 guidance during the 2014 Outlook conference call today at 2:00 p.m. (EST). There will be a live webcast of the presentation, including presentation materials, available on the Investors section of the company's website http://ir.CNOinc.com. Participants should go to the website at least 15 minutes before the event to register and download any necessary audio.
About CNO Financial GroupCNO Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: CNO) is a holding company. Our insurance subsidiaries – principally Bankers Life and Casualty Company, Colonial Penn Life Insurance Company and Washington National Insurance Company – primarily serve middle-income pre-retiree and retired Americans by helping them protect against financial adversity and provide for a more secure retirement. For more information, visit CNO online at www.CNOinc.com.SOURCE CNO Financial Group, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV