CHICAGO, Dec. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing Chairman, President and CEO Jim McNerney today announced the promotion of two top executives to vice chairmen, the naming of a company president and chief operating officer, and the selection of new leaders for Boeing Defense, Space & Security and Boeing Military Aircraft.
Effective Dec. 31:
- Dennis A. Muilenburg is named Boeing vice chairman, president and chief operating officer. Muilenburg, currently Boeing executive vice president and president and CEO of Boeing Defense, Space & Security, will join the corporate team in Chicago and will share oversight with McNerney of the day-to-day business operations of the company.
- Raymond L. Conner is promoted to Boeing vice chairman, president and CEO, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. Conner has led the Commercial Airplanes unit since June 2012 and will remain based in Seattle to continue overseeing that growing business, which now accounts for more than 60 percent of Boeing revenues.
- Christopher M. Chadwick is appointed Boeing executive vice president, president and CEO, Boeing Defense, Space & Security, replacing Muilenburg. Chadwick will remain based in St. Louis, where he currently serves as president of Boeing Military Aircraft, the largest division of the unit he will lead.
- Shelley K. Lavender will replace Chadwick as the leader of Boeing Military Aircraft. She currently serves as vice president and general manager of Integrated Logistics for the Global Services & Support business within Boeing Defense, Space & Security.
"Through a concerted effort, we have developed a deep and highly effective executive team across all levels of Boeing," said McNerney. "Today's announcement recognizes the tremendous performance, experience and leadership strength that Dennis, Ray, Chris and Shelley bring to our company. We will continue to leverage and grow their capabilities and experience, and that of other talented company leaders, to support our customers and achieve our near- and long-term business goals," he added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV