DTS, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTSI), a leader in high-definition audio solutions and audio enhancement technologies, and Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CDNS), a leader in global electronic design innovation, today announced the availability of DTS’ all-new DTS- HD decoder for DTS- HD and DTS- HD Master Audio™ licensees. Licensed semiconductor companies and OEMs that develop and integrate chips featuring the Cadence® Tensilica® HiFi DSP cores now have the option of quickly enabling their chips or consumer products to support playback of DTS-encoded content.
“Nearly every consumer electronics market segment is integrating Internet-connectivity into their products, allowing consumers to access on-demand content from virtually every screen in the house,” said Larry Przywara, director of audio/voice IP marketing, Cadence. “With an ever-increasing supply of connected devices, we are excited to provide our partners with the ability to add support of DTS- HD-based decoders in DSP-based SoCs, enabling products to decode the legendary DTS surround sound experience from both streaming media and physical disc-based media.”
The DTS -HD decoder SDK was designed from the ground up to support streaming media and over-the-top (OTT) content delivered in various popular DTS- HD profiles. Additionally, the decoder was designed for seamless compatibility with DTS’ legacy formats found on physical disc media, such as DVD and Blu-Ray ™.
DTS -HD Benefits:
- Decoding of the highest quality audio streams available from digital delivery, VOD, OTT and broadcast sources
- Next generation decoding technology that enables equipped products to process more advanced audio, when available, such as:
- Broader bit stream support for low-bit-rate (LBR) streaming media
- Adaptive streaming to overcome bandwidth, storage and network constraints
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts