Pressure to comply with industry regulations and standards is the greatest factor impacting eMortgage and paperless initiatives, according to 88 percent of respondents in Xerox’s (NYSE:XRX) ninth annual “Path to Paperless” mortgage survey.
Survey participants represented mortgage professionals involved with loan origination, underwriting, closing, archiving, investing/funding and servicing.
With compliance demands front and center, 63 percent of respondents noted having electronic document solutions in place, compared with 55 percent in 2012, which underscores the commitment to adopting paperless technologies in the near term.
Down from 79 percent in 2012, 68 percent of respondents believe that the mortgage industry will close more than half of all loans as an eMortgage within the next seven years.“While industry enthusiasm for eMortgages has wavered slightly, interest remains,” said Ken Marlin, vice president, general manager, Xerox Mortgage Services. “In fact, 82 percent of respondents experienced an increase in eDisclosures and 32 percent noted an increase in eClosings.” Other challenges facing mortgage professionals and their eMortgage initiatives include:
- Seventy-eight percent indicate that their eMortgage plans remain unaffected despite perceptions that government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) will eventually be eliminated
- Seventy-four percent admit that the lack of eSignatures acceptance on Housing and Urban Development (HUD) origination has hindered their paperless plans
- Seventy-four percent said their eMortgage plans have been affected due to the limited acceptance of eNotes from the secondary market
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV