AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The holiday season is coming to an end, but for many consumers, the shopping continues. RetailMeNot ( www.retailmenot.com), the largest digital coupon destination in the United States, conducted a survey with The Omnibus Company ( www.omnibus.com) that found a majority of consumers (79%) plan to shop the end-of-year sales after the holidays are over.
"Holiday gifts have been wrapped and delivered, but the shopping is far from over," says Trae Bodge, senior editor for The Real Deal by RetailMeNot. "The days following Christmas are some of the busiest for retailers as shoppers take to the stores to use their gift cards and, in many cases, make exchanges or returns."
Post-Holiday LetdownWhen it comes to gifting, you can't win them all. Nearly half of consumers (42%) report that they typically end up returning at least some gifts they receive for the holidays.
- Parents are more likely than those without kids (54% vs. 37%) to end up returning at least some winter holiday gifts.
- 18-34 year olds are nearly three times more likely than those ages 35+ (11% vs. 4%) to return 25 percent or more of the gifts they receive for the winter holidays.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts