AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The holiday season is coming to an end, but for many consumers, the shopping continues. RetailMeNot ( www.retailmenot.com), the largest digital coupon destination in the United States, conducted a survey with The Omnibus Company ( www.omnibus.com) that found a majority of consumers (79%) plan to shop the end-of-year sales after the holidays are over.
"Holiday gifts have been wrapped and delivered, but the shopping is far from over," says Trae Bodge, senior editor for The Real Deal by RetailMeNot. "The days following Christmas are some of the busiest for retailers as shoppers take to the stores to use their gift cards and, in many cases, make exchanges or returns."
Post-Holiday LetdownWhen it comes to gifting, you can't win them all. Nearly half of consumers (42%) report that they typically end up returning at least some gifts they receive for the holidays.
- Parents are more likely than those without kids (54% vs. 37%) to end up returning at least some winter holiday gifts.
- 18-34 year olds are nearly three times more likely than those ages 35+ (11% vs. 4%) to return 25 percent or more of the gifts they receive for the winter holidays.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV