NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Today's buy-and-trade earnings previews focus on nine companies in five sectors that report quarterly results on Thursday and Friday. Among these stocks are buy rated retail pharmacy chain Walgreen (WAG), the buy rated used cars seller CarMax (KMX) and hold rated new Dow component and athletic footwear and apparel maker Nike (NKE)
The nine stocks include four from the retail-wholesale sector, two from the construction sector, and one each from the computer and technology, consumer discretionary and consumer staples sectors.
The computer and technology sector is 27.8% overvalued with an overweight rating. Of the 1136 stocks 52.3% in this sector have buy or strong buy ratings.
The construction sector is 17.2% overvalued with an underweight rating. Of the 156 stocks 56.4% in this sector have sell or strong sell ratings.The consumer discretionary sector is 27.6% overvalued with an equal-weight rating. Of the 392 stocks 83.7% in this sector have hold ratings. The consumer staples sector is 22.6% overvalued with an overweight rating. Of the 255 stocks 48.6% in this sector buy or strong buy ratings. (CAG) ($31.48) set a second half 2013 low at $29.87 on Sept. 30 then as high as $33.47 on Dec. 9 staying below its 200-day SMA at $33.98. Analysts expect the company to report earnings of 55 cents a share in the premarket on Thursday. The buy rated food company is 2.3% undervalued with a gain of 3.8% over the last 12 months. My monthly value level is $31.33 with weekly, semiannual and quarterly risky levels at $33.55, $34.74 and $35.14.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV