The Citi Team USA Flag Tour made its first stop today in San Antonio as U.S. Paralympic hopeful and Army Veteran Rico Roman joined Citi Managing Director and Site President Dawn Cooper to raise the Citi Team USA flag and celebrate a the upcoming $50,000 donation to San Antonio-based Operation Comfort through the Every Step of the Way program. Citi is the official bank sponsor of the 2014 U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Teams and the U.S. Olympic Committee.
Citi San Antonio employees join U.S. Paralympic sled hockey player and Team Citi athlete Rico Roman at today's Citi Team USA Flag Tour event. (Photo: Sasha Haagensen)
“We were honored to host our hometown Paralympic hopeful Rico Roman at Citi today and celebrate the impact the Every Step of the Way program will have right here in our community,” said Cooper. “The athletes on Team USA are truly on a journey from ambition and achievement and Rico’s story is even more compelling when you consider the sacrifices he, like so many of our nation’s military veterans, have made while serving our country in uniform.”
Roman spoke to a crowd of more than 200 employees, highlighting his participation in Citi’s Every Step of the Way program and sharing his personal journey from the U.S. Army to the U.S. National Sled Hockey Team. Roman is one of nine U.S. Olympians, Paralympians and hopefuls participating in the Every Step of the Way program as “Team Citi.” After the launch of the program in late October, fans quickly rallied behind Roman and allocated $50,000 of Citi’s $500,000 donation to the USOC to benefit Operation Comfort. The San Antonio-based organization provides rehabilitative therapeutic programs to wounded service members, including Roman. The USOC will be distributing the funds at the conclusion of the Every Step of the Way program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV