Granite Construction Incorporated (NYSE: GVA) announced today that it has been awarded a $21 million contract by the City of Coachella to construct a new grade-separated crossing junction. Granite will book the project into backlog in the fourth quarter of 2013.
The new bridge structure will span the existing Union Pacific Railroad and Highway 111 in Riverside County. Scope of the contract includes a grade separation and widening of the surrounding roads. The project also includes major utility relocations, drainage, MSE retaining walls, pavement, curbs and gutters, sidewalks and new traffic signals for intersection improvements.
Construction on the project is scheduled to begin in January 2014 and is expected to be complete by June 2015.
About GraniteThrough its offices and subsidiaries nationwide, Granite Construction Incorporated (NYSE: GVA) is one of the nation’s largest infrastructure contractors and construction materials producers. Incorporated in 1922, Granite serves public- and private-sector clients on projects both small and large. Granite’s project teams represent some of the best in the industry serving owners in the transportation, power, federal, tunneling, underground, and industrial/mining and water resources markets. In 2013, the Company was recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the fourth year in a row. For more information, please visit www.graniteconstruction.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV