SAN DIEGO, Dec. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: HALO) announced today that Helen Torley, M.B. Ch. B., M.R.C.P., will be joining Halozyme as President and Chief Executive Officer on January 6, 2014. She will also become a member of Halozyme's Board of Directors. Dr. Torley was most recently Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer at Onyx Pharmaceuticals, a subsidiary of Amgen. Gregory I. Frost, Ph.D. is departing Halozyme for Intrexon (NYSE: XON), assuming the head of that company's Health Sector, and will continue to lead Halozyme's Scientific Advisory Board. Dr. Frost will join Intrexon effective January 6, 2014.
"Helen's demonstrated leadership of Onyx's oncology products will build on Halozyme's trajectory of value creation, pivoting from partnered to proprietary products," said Kenneth J. Kelley, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Halozyme. "She brings over 20 years of successful brand development and launch expertise garnered from key roles at other companies, including Amgen and Bristol Myers Squibb."
Prior to Onyx, Dr. Torley spent 14 years in management positions at Amgen, first in the Nephrology Business Unit, later in the Bone Health Business Unit. She held various senior positions at Bristol Myers Squibb, including Regional Vice President of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Sales, and Head of Cardiovascular Global Marketing. She began her industry career at Sandoz/Novartis, where she ultimately served as Vice President of Medical Affairs, overseeing clinical studies across all therapeutic areas, including oncology.In reflecting on his 15 years at Halozyme, Dr. Frost said, "I am very proud of the multiple scientific, development, and regulatory milestones the team has achieved to date. I look forward to supporting Halozyme's next chapter of transformative healthcare in my capacity of leading the Scientific Advisory Board."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV