NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- FuelCell (FCEL) was plunging during Tuesday's session after posting less-than-impressive fourth-quarter earnings a day earlier. By late afternoon, the alternative fuel developer had unloaded 21% to $1.47.
The Danbury, Conn.-based business reported a net loss of 6 cents a share, missing Thomson Reuters estimates by 3 cents. Revenue of $55.2 million came in 56% higher than a year earlier and beat consensus of $44.8 million.
For fiscal 2013, the company recorded revenue of $187.7 million, beating expectations of $177.3 million. Loss from operations over the year ended Oct. 31 totaled $29.8 million, narrower than the $32.1 million loss seen in fiscal 2012. An adjusted net loss of 19 cents a share came in a penny more than consensus of 18 cents a share.
TheStreet Ratings team rates FuelCell Energy Inc as a Sell with a ratings score of D-. The team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL) a SELL. This is driven by a few notable weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and generally high debt management risk."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FCEL Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV