'Fast Money' Recap: A Relief Rally
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The Federal Reserve finally announced that it would begin tapering its asset purchases under quantitative easing. Investors cheered the move as the S&P 500 closed at all-time highs.
On CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show, Tim Seymour, managing partner at Triogem Asset Management, said the Fed's decision removes a big headwind for investors and provides a lot of clarity, something market participants love.
Karen Finerman, president of Metropolitan Capital Advisors, said the Fed has done a great job and the economy has been improving nicely. She added her hope the Fed sees continued economic improvement.
Dan Nathan, co-founder and editor of riskreversal.com, noted the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX.X) dropped 15% on Wednesday and added that a lot of managers use it as a cheap form of portfolio hedging.Guy Adami, managing director of stockmonster.com, said the industrial sector should continue to work and he likes Honeywell International (HON). Seymour said emerging markets should do well going into next year. He suggested the Market Vectors Russia ETF (RSX) and the iShares MSCI Brazil Capped ETF (EWZ) for investors who want a "high-octane" trade. Finerman said she plans to stick with the financial sector, which should benefit from improving asset and housing prices, along with a better economy. Specifically for financials, Adami likes Blackstone (BX), Prudential Financial (PRU), and U.S. Bancorp (USB).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV