Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus". (Updates from 10:55 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Wednesday.
CVS Caremark (CVS) is a "great company" in a "great industry," Cramer said. He also likes Walgreen (WAG) and Rite Aid (RAD). CVS jumped 4.3% to $69.69.
Shares of Micron (MU) are headed lower on reports Hynix will have its DRAM plant running much sooner then expected. According to Cramer, this will equate to lower DRAM prices, thus hurting MU. MU dropped 4.8% to $21.81.
United Rentals (URI) "remains one of the great plays on non-residential construction in 2014," Cramer said. URI was 2.2% higher at $75.72.The U.S. is flush with natural gas, something that should benefit Northwest Natural Gas (NWN), Cramer said. Unfortunately, the company keeps doing different equity deals, which has "got to stop," he said. NWN rose 1% to $42.70. Merrill Lynch cut its estimates on EMC Corp. (EMC). Cramer added the "big growth" thesis has failed to play out and the company can't seem to "make as much money as we thought." EMC was flat at $23.61. Merrill Lynch downgraded Avon Products (AVP) to hold from buy, based on a longer-than-expected turnaround story. Cramer said it feels like the rating agency is giving up on CEO Sheri McCoy. AVP rose 1% to close at $17.08. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV