LAKE ZURICH, Ill., Dec. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Many schools around the country are forced to make difficult decisions regarding budgets and where funds should go, often making teachers pay for school supplies out of pocket. This summer, Wilson Jones®, a unit of ACCO Brands Corporation (NYSE:ACCO) and inventor of the three-ring binder, hosted a sweepstakes to help these teachers and provide binders for one lucky school.
Parents, students, friends and family could nominate their school of choice to the Back to School Extreme Binder Sweepstakes every day from June 25 until July 19, 2013. Over 880 entries were collected through the Wilson Jones Facebook page, and the winner, chosen at random, received 750 Wilson Jones Ultra Duty Binders in multiple sizes and colors. (Retail value $4,500)
The winner was announced as Butterfield Elementary, from Moreno Valley, California. Located 25 miles away from the Wilson Jones Ontario distribution facility, the school has faced tight budgets in previous years. This has prevented students and teachers from receiving all the supplies they need for a more enhanced school year.On October 18, 2013, team members Byron Kern, David Cummins, Frank Abell, and Glanville Babrow drove from the Ontario facility with a truck full of binders to Butterfield Elementary and personally delivered the binders to students and teachers. "It was a great experience that allowed us to connect with the community in a way most brands never do," stated Phil Colacchio, Wilson Jones Brand Manager. "The students and staff were very excited about the bright colors and possibilities for learning." Ultra Duty binders are built tougher than the average three-ring binder, made to be more durable to stand up to the demands of busy teachers and students alike. Backed by a five-year performance guarantee, Ultra Duty binders were the perfect prize for the Back to School Extreme Binder Sweepstakes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV