4. As of noon trading, Discover Financial Services ( DFS) is down $0.53 (-1.0%) to $53.19 on light volume. Thus far, 708,004 shares of Discover Financial Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $53.07-$53.90 after having opened the day at $53.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.72. Discover Financial Services, a bank holding company, provides direct banking and payment services in the United States. It operates in two segments, Direct Banking and Payment Services. Discover Financial Services has a market cap of $25.3 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.9, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 37.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Discover Financial Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Discover Financial Services as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Discover Financial Services Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts