2. As of noon trading, Chevron ( CVX) is down $1.00 (-0.8%) to $119.22 on light volume. Thus far, 1.7 million shares of Chevron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $119.16-$120.23 after having opened the day at $120.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $120.22. Chevron Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in petroleum, chemicals, mining, power generation, and energy operations worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Upstream and Downstream. Chevron has a market cap of $230.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.8, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 11.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Chevron a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Chevron as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Get the full Chevron Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts