3 Telecommunications Stocks Nudging The Industry Higher
1. As of noon trading, CenturyLink ( CTL) is up $0.45 (1.4%) to $31.40 on average volume. Thus far, 2.9 million shares of CenturyLink exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $30.96-$31.61 after having opened the day at $31.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.95. CenturyLink, Inc. operates as an integrated telecommunications company in the United States. CenturyLink has a market cap of $18.2 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are down 21.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate CenturyLink a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates CenturyLink as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its expanding profit margins over time. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Get the full CenturyLink Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the telecommunications industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Telecom ( IYZ) while those bearish on the telecommunications industry could consider ProShares Ult Sht Telecommunication ( TLL).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts