3. As of noon trading, Campbell Soup ( CPB) is up $0.78 (1.9%) to $41.74 on heavy volume. Thus far, 1.8 million shares of Campbell Soup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $41.05-$41.95 after having opened the day at $41.17 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.97. Campbell Soup Company, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets branded convenience food products. It operates through U.S. Simple Meals; Global Baking and Snacking; International Simple Meals and Beverages; U.S. Beverages; and Bolthouse and Foodservice segments. Campbell Soup has a market cap of $12.8 billion and is part of the food & beverage industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.3, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 17.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Campbell Soup a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Campbell Soup as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Campbell Soup Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts