Collectors Universe (NASDAQ: CLCT) shares currently have a dividend yield of 8.00%. Collectors Universe Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides third-party authentication, grading, and related services for rare and high-value collectibles consisting of coins, trading cards, sports memorabilia, and autographs. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.00. The average volume for Collectors Universe has been 29,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Collectors Universe has a market cap of $137.7 million and is part of the diversified services industry. Shares are up 66.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Collectors Universe as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 26.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CLCT has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, CLCT has a quick ratio of 1.93, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Diversified Consumer Services industry and the overall market, COLLECTORS UNIVERSE INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for COLLECTORS UNIVERSE INC is rather high; currently it is at 65.04%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $2.02 million or 38.61% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, COLLECTORS UNIVERSE INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -59.75%.
- You can view the full Collectors Universe Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts