WATERTOWN, Mass., Dec. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Rapidly aging transformers and deferred capital spending on new equipment continues to put pressure on the viability of the U.S. electric power grid. As pressure on the grid rises, electric power professionals' ability to accurately test and track performance through state-of-the-art tools becomes increasingly critical.
To meet the needs of professional engineers in the field, and in response to customer feedback, Doble Engineering Company has developed the Delphi Mini – a cost-effective dissolved gas analysis (DGA) monitor, and the newest member of the Doble Delphi product line. Designed as a "check engine light" for transformers, it continuously provides single value readings – of either hydrogen or composite gas – that indicate when intervention is necessary in real time, indicating the need for further testing or more costly monitoring measures.
The Delphi Mini helps in maintaining the reliability and life of transformers by giving professionals the ability to detect sudden changes in dissolved gas levels as they become evident – all preventing possible, long-term, or catastrophic damages, that could cost up to several million dollars."The Delphi Mini puts us one step closer toward helping electric power professionals at every stage while they service and maintain power transformers," said Dr. Tony McGrail, Solutions Director, asset management and monitoring technology at Doble Engineering Company. "At Doble, we are committed to providing the best resources on the market, supported by the most advanced consulting professionals and testing services in the industry, to prevent failures where possible and give adequate warning of system deterioration." Important product features of the Delphi Mini include:
- Continuous, on-line dissolved gas measurement – a key indicator of transformer health
- Self-monitoring technology that ensures the data provided is valuable and actionable intelligence
- Immunity to failure during oil surges, maintenance, and other activities as a result of its patented vacuum resistant membrane.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV