MOUNT LAUREL, N.J., Dec. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- 'Tis the season to eat and drink. As the holidays draw closer, SodaStream, the leading manufacturer and distributor of home carbonation beverage systems, surveyed more than 2,000 American adults age 18 and older to determine gifting behaviors and trends for 2013, as well as what beverages consumers plan to enjoy this holiday season. The survey was conducted online in November by Harris Interactive on behalf of SodaStream.
When exploring gifts this year:
- Nine out of ten (91%) Americans plan to give gifts this holiday season.
- Women are a bit more likely to plan to buy gifts for the holidays than men (92% vs. 89%, respectively). However, men are more likely to say they'd enjoy receiving certain kitchen appliances as gifts this holiday season, such as juicers (56% vs. 50% of women) or a SodaStream soda maker (51% vs. 42% of women).
- While coffee makers are the most popular wish-list item among kitchen appliances, almost half (46%) indicated that they would enjoy receiving a SodaStream as a gift this holiday season.
- One in ten (11%) Americans age 21 and older would prefer to ring in New Year's Eve with a non-alcoholic drink. SodaStream offers the opportunity to celebrate with delicious non-alcoholic bubbly beverages on demand.
- 70% of parents (age 21 and older) who have children under age 18 living in their households will indulge in a celebratory cocktail on New Year's Eve.
- Parents (age 21 and older) with children under age 18 living in their households are more likely to indulge in celebratory cocktail on New Year's Eve than non-parents age 21 and older (70% vs. 60% respectively).