MOUNT LAUREL, N.J., Dec. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- 'Tis the season to eat and drink. As the holidays draw closer, SodaStream, the leading manufacturer and distributor of home carbonation beverage systems, surveyed more than 2,000 American adults age 18 and older to determine gifting behaviors and trends for 2013, as well as what beverages consumers plan to enjoy this holiday season. The survey was conducted online in November by Harris Interactive on behalf of SodaStream.
When exploring gifts this year:
- Nine out of ten (91%) Americans plan to give gifts this holiday season.
- Women are a bit more likely to plan to buy gifts for the holidays than men (92% vs. 89%, respectively). However, men are more likely to say they'd enjoy receiving certain kitchen appliances as gifts this holiday season, such as juicers (56% vs. 50% of women) or a SodaStream soda maker (51% vs. 42% of women).
- While coffee makers are the most popular wish-list item among kitchen appliances, almost half (46%) indicated that they would enjoy receiving a SodaStream as a gift this holiday season.
- One in ten (11%) Americans age 21 and older would prefer to ring in New Year's Eve with a non-alcoholic drink. SodaStream offers the opportunity to celebrate with delicious non-alcoholic bubbly beverages on demand.
- 70% of parents (age 21 and older) who have children under age 18 living in their households will indulge in a celebratory cocktail on New Year's Eve.
- Parents (age 21 and older) with children under age 18 living in their households are more likely to indulge in celebratory cocktail on New Year's Eve than non-parents age 21 and older (70% vs. 60% respectively).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV