TAMPA, Fla., Dec. 17, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Liz Smith, CEO of Bloomin' Brands, Inc. (Nasdaq:BLMN) today announced the appointment of Michael Kappitt as SVP and Chief Marketing Officer of Bloomin' Brands. In his new role, Mr. Kappitt will oversee the marketing strategy for all concepts, as well as lead cross concept marketing initiatives.
"Mike has been a driving force behind re-energizing the Outback brand through creativity and industry-changing innovation," said Ms. Smith. "He will be a valuable addition to the Bloomin' Brands Executive Leadership Team."
Mr. Kappitt joined Bloomin' Brands in 2011 as the Chief Marketing Officer of Outback Steakhouse. Under his leadership, Outback introduced the "Great Aussie Steak Out" which gave away one million steaks to introduce the wood-fired grill cooking technique. He followed that with "Bloomin' Mondays" to engage NASCAR fans, and recently introduced a new advertising campaign, returning Outback to its successful roots with "No Rules, Just Right."Prior to Bloomin' Brands, Mike spent nine years at Burger King where he was progressively promoted, concluding as Chief Marketing Officer for North America. He holds a Bachelor of Accounting degree from Florida International University. About Bloomin' Brands, Inc. Bloomin' Brands, Inc. is one of the largest casual dining restaurant companies in the world. The portfolio of five founder-inspired brands is comprised of Outback Steakhouse, Carrabba's Italian Grill, Bonefish Grill, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar and Roy's with nearly 1,500 restaurants in 48 states, Puerto Rico, Guam and 21 countries. For more information, visit bloominbrands.com.
CONTACT: Cathie Koch Vice President, Corporate Communications (813) 830-5127
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV