PHILADELPHIA, Dec. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Intellectual Property & Science business of Thomson Reuters, the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals, today announced the winner of the inaugural ScholarOne® Journal Triathlon, an online contest designed to celebrate and recognize the innovative practices of scholarly research journals.
Thrombosis and Haemostasis was named Journal Triathlon Champion from among 27 total submissions. As Champion, Thrombosis and Haemostasis will speak on the procedures that have kept them ahead of the ever-changing scholarly publishing industry at the Thomson Reuters ScholarOne User Conference, April 10-11 2014, in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., USA. To learn more about Thrombosis and Haemostasis' award-winning practices, visit Thomson Reuters ScienceWatch to read an interview with the Managing Editor of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, Dr. Elinor Switzer.
"We are delighted to have been named the first-ever ScholarOne Journal Triathlon Champion," said Elinor Switzer, managing editor of Thrombosis and Haemostasis. "It's an honor to be recognized by our peers and Thomson Reuters for our publishing process."
South Asian Journal of Management Sciences was awarded second place and Al-Shajarah third in recognition of their approaches toward advancing the publishing process.The ScholarOne Journal Triathlon is a global, virtual tournament designed to have scholarly journals compete in the areas of agility, speed and endurance, attributes essential for successful publications. The contest is comprised of three stages of competition to honor the scholarly journal community's most novel publishing practices:
- Swim (Agility): the ability of a journal to validate it is accepting the right papers
- Bike (Speed): how quickly a journal implements ways to increase its efficiency
- Run (Endurance): the longevity of a journal and how it seamlessly adapts its processes to stay competitive in an ever-changing industry
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV