CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Dec. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Moderna Therapeutics, the pioneer in developing messenger RNA (mRNA) Therapeutics™, a revolutionary new treatment modality to enable the in vivo production of therapeutic proteins, announced today that Theo Melas-Kyriazi, CFO of Levitronix Technologies LLC and a director of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (NYSE: VRX and TSX: VRX) has joined Moderna's board of directors.
Melas-Kyriazi brings extensive financial and executive leadership experience to Moderna, having previously served as CFO and vice president of corporate strategy for Thermo Electron Corporation (now Thermo Fisher Scientific). He also has experience as CEO of Thermo Spectra Corporation, a former subsidiary of Thermo Electron, and as a board member and investor in several early stage health sciences companies. Melas-Kyriazi joins Moderna's board as the company embarks on the next phase of its growth strategy focused on clinical development and building the world's leading mRNA platform.
"I am thrilled that Theo is joining the Moderna board of directors. He brings important expertise and skill to the company as we scale up to build the leader in mRNA therapeutics," said Stephane Bancel, president and founding CEO of Moderna. "With his experience as CFO of Thermo Electron, a large, public life sciences company, and as a director of Valeant for the last ten years, during a period of extraordinary growth, he will be a tremendous asset to help guide Moderna's future growth."
"I am truly excited to be joining the board of Moderna, a company with tremendous potential to transform drug development," said Melas-Kyriazi. "Moderna's novel platform and ambitious vision stands out among early biotechnology leaders, and I look forward to helping the company deliver on its mission to improve the lives of patients across a broad range of diseases."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV