MILWAUKEE, Dec. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Briggs & Stratton Corporation (NYSE: BGG) launched a new microsite today designed to further outline their commitment to sustainability, as well as continue to attract and retain top talent within the company.
The web site, www.basco-sustainability.com, primarily focuses on Briggs & Stratton's long standing responsibility as being a strong corporate citizen, in its three pillars of People, Planet and Profit. To firmly communicate this message, Briggs & Stratton's Chairman, President and CEO, Todd Teske, is front and center on the site, providing a video welcome message to all visitors of the site.
"This year we're doing something a little bit different with our format," said Todd Teske, Chairman, President & CEO of Briggs & Stratton. "We continue our very firm commitment to sustainability and want to be a leader in the outdoor power equipment industry as it relates to sustainability. With that in mind, we chose to create a microsite that provides a unique user experience and moves away from traditional printing, which is better for the environment."A few key takeaways from the BASCO Sustainability site:
- Briggs & Stratton continues to honor its pledge to the Department of Energy to increase energy efficiency by 25% by the year 2017. The Company has already reduced energy intensity by 20% since committing to the program.
- Diversity and Inclusion are essential to Briggs & Stratton's growth and long-term success.
- In the past five years, Briggs & Stratton has realized a 65% reduction in the amount of hazardous waste generated in our manufacturing operations due to improvements in plant efficiencies.
- Charitable giving by employees of Briggs & Stratton have increased year over year with the addition of a newer online employee giving program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV