Dec. 17, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- ViaSat Inc. (NASDAQ: VSAT) is expanding its Exede
plan across much of its national footprint, following a successful market launch in limited markets earlier this year. The plan is the first in the satellite Internet industry to feature unlimited, full-speed access for email and web pages.
Exede Evolution eliminates data usage caps for these essential online services and provides a fixed cap for other activities, such as video streaming. Following its limited introduction this fall, ViaSat is now offering the new plan in 30 states, which includes much of the Exede national footprint.
The expansion of the innovative service plan represents the second phase of the successful Exede Evolution introduction.
"The results of our initial roll-out have been very positive," said
, vice president, Satellite Services. "A significant segment of our customer base values unlimited, high-speed access to web pages and email."
Exede Evolution is another illustration of ViaSat's transformation of satellite Internet – first with availability and speed and now with service options that meet the needs of different kinds of Internet users.
"Evolution is the first step in creating innovative service plans using the newest network technologies," said Scalpone. "Our focus continues to be on continually improving the customer experience of our subscribers."
In addition to Exede Evolution, the company continues to offer Exede Classic plans based on different data usage levels. All Exede plans include a five-hour free zone for unmetered Internet activity.
For a monthly price of
, the Exede Evolution plan includes:
- Unlimited, full-speed access to email and web pages.
- 5 GB of data to use for other Internet activity, including music, streaming media, and chat.
- Introductory offer that waives the initial set-up fee of $149.99.
- Download speeds of up to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 3 Mbps.
- Early Bird Free Zone, which provides full-speed, unmetered access to everything on the Internet, including video, from 3 a.m. to 8 a.m. daily.
- Introductory offer of award-winning anti-virus/anti-spyware software.
ViaSat has also announced plans for the launch of another groundbreaking satellite, ViaSat-2, which is expected to be the highest capacity communications satellite in the world at its scheduled launch in mid-2016.