3M Electronic Solutions Division today announced the launch of its new unpatterned indium tin oxide (ITO) film that offers an alternative source for high-quality, high-volume touch sensor films. The film can be used in touch-enabled electronic devices, such as smart phones, tablets, notebooks and all-in-one (AIO) computers. Specifically, the new 3M™ Advanced ITO Film can help touch panel manufacturers and integrators to achieve production targets and meet growing consumer demand for the touch screen market, which is forecast to have a 19.5% compound annual growth rate from 2013 to 2016, according to IHS iSuppli Electronics & Media—with an uptick in demand since the Windows 8 launch.
The etchable touch sensor films offer excellent optical transparency, high conductivity and product quality at competitive prices. 3M plans to ramp up its total global touch sensor film manufacturing capacity to more than 600,000 square meters per month in 2014, which includes 3M™ Patterned Silver Nanowire Touch Sensor Film, 3M™ Patterned Metal Mesh Touch Sensor Film and 3M™ Advanced ITO Touch Sensor Film.
“Touch panel manufacturers now have a competitively priced alternative supplier for high-performing, unpatterned ITO films,” said Erik Lood, marketing manager, 3M Electronic Solutions Division. “3M brings to the market high volume manufacturing and more than 20 years of experience in touch sensors. We are excited to offer the industry increased capacity by utilizing 3M’s manufacturing facilities in new ways.”
The advanced ITO film from 3M exhibits low electrical resistivity, less than 150 ohms per square—enabling multi-finger, multi-touch applications. With demonstrated sensors at up to 46 inch diagonal, the film is suitable for small and larger format touch modules. The films are made of a flexible material that can be conformed to gently curved surfaces, enabling rounded designs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV