Tria Beauty Announces Successful Settlement Of Palomar Patent Infringement Litigation
DUBLIN, Calif., Dec. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Tria Beauty, Inc., which develops and markets light-based consumer skincare products, today announced that it has entered into a comprehensive settlement agreement with Cynosure, Inc. that ends the patent infringement litigation between Tria and Palomar Medical Technologies, which Cynosure acquired in June 2013.
"We are pleased to have executed this settlement agreement with Cynosure so we can continue our focus on delivering breakthrough skincare devices directly to consumers that provide transformative benefits not available outside of a physician's office, without the distraction and expense of litigation," said Tria Beauty's President and CEO, Kevin Appelbaum.
The settlement includes two non-exclusive patent license agreements between Cynosure and Tria:
- The first agreement grants Tria a non-exclusive, worldwide license to U.S. Patent Nos. 5,735,844 and 5,595,568 and foreign counterparts for consumer hair removal products. These patents were acquired from Palomar by Cynosure. In addition, Cynosure will receive a non-exclusive royalty-free license to certain Tria patents outside the consumer field.
- The second agreement grants Tria a non-exclusive, royalty bearing, worldwide license to the claims of certain Palomar patents, including but not limited to U.S. Patent Nos. 8,182,473, 8,328,794, and 8,328,796, for consumer hair removal products. These patent claims cover the hair removal products that were the subject of the second lawsuit between Palomar and Tria.
About Tria Beauty, Inc.Tria Beauty uses light to transform skin care, liberating women from endless and ineffective beauty regimens. Tria's devices use the same technologies preferred by dermatologists for in-office treatments to deliver professional results in the privacy and comfort of home and at a fraction of the cost. Tria's portfolio of medical devices for home-use includes the popular Hair Removal Laser 4X, newly introduced Hair Removal Laser Precision, Skin Perfecting Blue Light used to clear acne blemishes and prevent future breakouts, and Age-Defying Laser for treating multiple signs of facial aging. Learn more about Tria Beauty's devices and other skin care products by visiting www.triabeauty.com.Contact: Megan Driscoll Behrman Communications (212) 986-7000 SOURCE Tria Beauty, Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts